African countries dominate the list of the poorest countries in the world based on analysis by Global Finance Magazine.
Only four of the 25 poor countries that are not part of Africa, Afghanistan, Kiribati, Solomon Islands and Haiti.
Government Financial Statements Basis Not Perfect Apply AkrualJokowi State Financial Management Should be Transparent and AkuntabelMenko Nasution I Worry Results Report Card Ugly, Turns photo
Using data from the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the ratings are made in accordance with the gross domestic product (GDP) of the country to the purchasing power parity (purchasing power parity / PPP) per capita.
PPP account the relative cost of living and the inflation rates of countries to compare the standard of living in each country is different. Meanwhile, GDP per capita that is listed is the amount of wealth produced in 2015 and is expressed in international dollars.
[See also 10 Countries with Most Economic slumped in the World]
Here’s the complete list of 25 of the poorest countries in the world as reported by Business Insider.
25. Tanzania – GDP per capita USD2.054
24. Afghanistan – GDP per capita USD2.051
23. Benin – GDP per capita USD1.957
22. Solomon Islands – GDP per capita USD1.877
21. Gambia – GDP per capita USD1.849
20. Haiti – GDP per capita USD1.846
19. Uganda – GDP per capita USD1.836
18. Burkina Faso – GDP per capita USD1.824
17. Rwanda – GDP per capita USD1.782
16. Comoros – GDP per capita USD1.735
15. Ethiopia – GDP per capita USD1.656
14. Kiribati – GDP per capita USD1.640
13. Mali – GDP per capita USD1.614 (rai)